We are delighted to announce to our school and wider community that we have been judged by OfSTED to continue being a Good school in all areas. We trust you will be as thrilled with this report as we are in school. It recognises the hard work and effort that all involved with our school have put in since the last OfSTED in 2015.
We would like to highlight a few of the comments made in the report which show what a fantastic school we are:
- “The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.”
- “You and your staff continue to provide an inclusive learning community where pupils and their families feel highly valued. Everyone shows a dedication to your vision of ‘inspiring the minds and building the futures’ of your pupils.”
- “Parental views are summed up in their comments acknowledging how you and your team ‘have not just turned the school around but made it a respected school in the community’ which was clear for me to see.”
- “Together, and with the support of the trust, you are determined to improve the school further.”
- “Pupils are very proud of their school and they take pride in their work.”
- “The respect that pupils have for each other, and the positive relationships fostered within the school, contribute to the good progress that pupils make in a range of subjects.”
- “Your work on raising pupils’ awareness of the nine protected characteristics is of a high calibre. Parents told me how much they appreciate the sensitive ways in which pupils of all ages learn about personal choices that people make in society. As a result, pupils are well prepared for the diverse communities in which they live.”
- “You and your staff provide exceptional care and support for pupils and their families.”
- “Teachers choose high-quality texts for each class to read and these are the platform on which the broad, balanced and inspiring curriculum is built. Using these books, teachers ignite the imaginations of pupils.”
- “You work closely with other professionals, outside agencies and charities to ensure that families receive the guidance and support that they need.”
Before finishing we’d like to say thank you to all the staff who have worked so hard over the last four years, the other governors and Focus Trust for their support and challenge, the children for their enthuasism every day and finally to you, the parents, for your continued support.
Andrew Ross Bob Richmond
Principal Chair of Governors
The most recent Ofsted inspection report can be found on the Ofsted website www.ofsted.gov.uk