Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
At Rudheath Primary Academy we aim to offer excellent provision to all our children, regardless of their ability or level of need. The school provides for children with a wide range of abilities/and or difficulties.
We have high expectations of our children and we aim for all children with Special Educational Needs and /or disabilities to reach their full potential through the removal of barriers to their learning. We want all our children to feel that they are a valued part of our school community.
Our SENCo (Ms J Thomas) oversees the provision for children with Special Educational needs and/or disabilities within the school to ensure that individual needs are catered for.
These are the aims in our policy (for more details regarding procedures please see Inclusion policy): Inclusion Policy
• To identify additional needs of individuals as soon as possible and provide interventions where needed.
• To narrow the gap between SEND and non-SEND children and ensure each child reaches their full potential.
• To actively involve parents, carers and the learners themselves in reaching decisions about education.
• To implement appropriate identification procedures for SEN
• To review and assess needs, strategies and progress on a regular basis
• To develop partnerships and work cooperatively with a range of outside agencies and the Local Authority to support the additional needs of our children.
• To monitor and evaluate of the quality of what is provided for pupils with special educational needs.
• To ensure that resources are allocated appropriately and are shown and monitored through provision mapping
The school works closely with parents and carers to support children with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities; we encourage an active partnership. Parents and carers are welcome to meet with the SENCo or SEN governor, whenever required.
Cheshire West and Chester’s Local Offer is available on their website.
Please feel free to contact of SENCo Ms J. Thomas if you require any more information.