The excitement continues this week as the children will be taking part in more events.
- Y5 will be performing in “The Lion King” at UCAN on Wednesday evening. The productions at UCAN are hugely enjoyable and I am really looking forward to seeing our children “live on stage”.
- Some of our KS1 children are also visiting UCAN, to take part in a Multi-skills Festival on Tuesday.
- Friday is “Move-up morning” when the children will spend the morning with the teachers who will be teaching them in September. As parents, you will receive a letter at the end of the day.
- As part of our link with Tengecha School in Kenya, throughout the week the children will be looking at traditional English foods and then sending recipes, menus etc. over to Kenya. In return Tengecha School will be sending us their recipes, menus and traditional foods to compare.
- On Wednesday, you will receive your child’s annual report. The reports look a little different this year as we have taken on board the comments that some of you made last year – we hope you like the new style and enjoy reading about your child’s achievements over the past year.
As you are all aware, I will be retiring at the end of this term. I have therefore booked a treat for the children in the form of 2 days of Circus Skills Workshops for the children. On Thursday 10th, KS2 will be given the opportunity to try out their skills of balancing, juggling etc and then EYFS and KS1 will have their chance on the following Thursday (17th). I am confident they will have tremendous fun !
I look forward to seeing of many of you as possible over the remaining weeks of the term.